What are the Signs and Symptomps_copy
Exclusive plants, unique by their sizes and forms!
How Covid-19 Spreads
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (2020), COVID-19 is a new disease and there is ongoing research to discover how it spreads and the actual severity of illness it can cause. The CDC has highlighted the ways in which it is believed COVID-19 has been spread and the potential impact to the United States.
Person-to-Person Spread- “The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person” (CDC, 2020)
- Close contact with other individuals (within 6ft radius)
- Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes
- Droplets can land in the mouths and/or noses of individuals who are close to the infected person, allowing the droplets to be inhaled into the lungs.
Spread from Contact with Infected Surfaces of Objects
- The Center for Disease Control and Prevention has advised there is a possibility of a person contracting COVID-19 through the simple touching of an object or surface and then placing their hands in their own mouth, nose, or eyes. “This is not thought to be the main way the virus spreads" (CDC, 2020).
Spreading the Virus Without Being Sick
- The CDC reports that “people are thought to be most contagious when they are most symptomatic (the sickest)” (CDC, 2020).
- The possibility does remain that an individual could not show any symptoms and still spread the virus.
Does COVID-19 Spread Easily?
COVID-19 is thought to spread “easily and sustainably in the community in some affected geographic areas” (CDC, 2020).